Santa Monica, CA — Actors continue to use their clout and set up projects at the networks and streaming services. The list grows daily, so keep checking in!
(Updated 11 November 2016)
ACTORS WHO PRODUCE
- Elizabeth Banks sold Something to Celebrate, a family comedy to CBS.
- Darren Criss is attached to star in and EP a musical workplace comedy, Royalties, about unsung heroes behind pop stars at FOX.
- Octavia Spencer will star in and EP the limited series, On Her Own Ground, based on C.J. Walker’s biography about a woman born to slaves who creates a hair care product fortune.
- Seth Rogen and producing partner Evan Goldberg have sold a Super Hero Sidekick comedy to Fox and an Illuminati comedy to ABC.
- Robert DeNiro, Julianne Moore and David O. Russell have sold a series to Amazon with Russell writing and directing the untitled serialized drama.
- Sofia Vergara has sold The Classic, a multicultural family football drama to ABC, which is inspired by an upcoming documentary about a legendary high school football rivalry. Todd Kessler scripts.
- Amy Poehler and Claudia Lonow won a script commitment from ABC for Family Style, a gay Odd Couple set in Miami. Poehler also sold a comedy to ABC to star Carol Burnett as well as a production commitment at NBC for The Baby, a comedy to star Seann William Scott.
- Jim Parsons has been very busy. Television’s highest paid actor will EP a spinoff of The Big Bang Theory centering on a younger version of his character. Parsons also won a put pilot from ABC for Lakeside VA, a comedy set in a Veteran’s hospital written by Shelly Goss, who EPs a story based on her father’s life. He’s also sold an adaptation of The Terranauts, a drama project set up at The CW.
- Kerry Washington sold a blended family comedy to ABC, called Melting Potts, written by Ryan Jaffe.
- Tina Fey and producing partner Robert Carlock have sold a comedy to NBC receiving a put pilot commitment for The Sackett Sisters, written by Luke Del Tredici (30 Rock)
- Lisa Kudrow has set up Rebel Law, a legal drama at CBS with producing partner Dan Bucatinsky, writer Kit Williamson (EastEnders) and Michael Rauch (Royal Pains). Gay Prodigal Son returns to Mississippi to practice law.
- Viola Davis and Marshall Todd have set up The Zipcoders at ABC. Period half-hour musical set in ’60s Austin, TX.
- Kevin James and Adam Barr have sold a comedy to CBS as a showpiece for comedian Gina Brillon, a Latina moving to Manhattan from the Bronx.
- LL Cool J has sold Brotherhood, a comedy, to CBS. Project is a US re-make of the British series. Michael Borkow scripts.
- Dwayne Johnson and Will Ferrell sold a wrestling comedy to Fox.
- Jessica Alba sold an AI drama thriller at Fox.
- Will Arnett is producing a revival of The Gong Show for ABC.
- Felicity Huffman sold a political family comedy to ABC. (Kenya Barris & Vijal Patel produce).
- Seth Meyers has sold multiple comedy pitches to NBC. Has-Beens!
- Priscilla Presley (and Harvey Weinstein) continues to mine the Elvis estate with a new limited series based on the legendary singer’s life. No network yet.
- Katie Couric has a put pilot commitment from CBS for a hate crimes drama (also produced by Alex Kurtzman & Jenny Lumet).
- Leah Remini is producing a series based on her life as a Scientologist for A&E.
- Megyn Kelly is producing Embeds at Verizon’s Go90. Political Comedy series.
- Josh Gad (along with Josh Schwartz & Seth Gordon) sold Toy Wars to Amazon. Limited drama series stars Gad in a period piece about the corporate war between Mattel and Hasbro.
- John Stamos (along with Neil Meron & Craig Zadan) have set up a 1980s soap drama with Universal TV. No network attached yet but expect it to land at a NBC/Universal company. USA seems a likely destination for this Boogie Nights-esque series.
- Fred Savage has a mixed race family comedy at NBC.
- Lebron James has a sports-medicine drama at NBC. King James also sold a Cleveland-set family comedy with Bill Lawrence (Scrubs). At CBS, James has set up a sports agency comedy, Thankless, written by Craig Gerard and Matt Zinman (How I Met Your Mother)
- Novak Djokovic has a reality show at Amazon.
- Jessica Biel sold The Sinner, a crime drama, at USA. Bill Pullman also stars.
- Melissa McCarthy has set up an unconventional family comedy at Fox. Groundlings Jim Cashman and Mitch Silpa script.
- Zayn Malik produces a Boy Band drama at NBC with Dick Wolf.
- Kerry Washington is working on Patrol, a female LAPD police drama at ABC.
- Judge Judy has a sold a series to CBS based on her life.
- Zach Braff is producing and starring in Start Up, a comedy at ABC.
- Kyra Sedgwick produces Ten Days in the Valley at ABC, replacing Demi Moore in the crime procedural.
- Bradley Cooper is developing a miniseries about ISIS at HBO.
Family. Familia. Lotsa of Family Dramas and Comedies in the Development Pipeline.